Thursday, December 26, 2013

Miley Cyrus to Joe Jonas: I didn't peer pressure you to smoke weed ...

miley-cyrus-joe-jonas-weed-gi.jpg

Miley Cyrus is all about empowering people to act crazy and uninhibited, but she's not one to force someone to do something against his or her will. That extends to her love of marijuana, which she says she doesn't want to encourage those younger than the legal age to try.


In a new interview with The New York Times, Cyrus responds to Joe Jonas' allegations that he only tried weed at the encouragement of her and Demi Lovato. Jonas recalls being "17 or 18" at the time he first tried the drug, which would have made Cyrus and Lovato only 14 or 15 at the time. According to Cyrus, she was too young to peer pressure him into doing anything.


"If you want to smoke weed, you're going to smoke weed. There's nothing that two little girls are going to get you to do that you don't want to do. I thought maybe he was saying that like it was going to make him look bada**," she tells the Times. "We were so young that it's actually like, "How did you get peer pressured by me?"


During the time of this pot-smoking incident, Cyrus was still employed by Disney Channel as Hannah Montana. In retrospect, she regrets news of her drug use getting out while she was working for the Mouse House.


"Things came out that happened -- like, you know, bong videos -- when I was on Disney. But I never wanted to do that to Disney. When I was no longer employed by anyone, that's when I was like, 'OK, I'm going to do my own thing,'" she says. "But I waited until I felt like I had respectfully finished out what I was supposed to do, you know?"


As for her year of twerking, Cyrus says that people should understand by now that that persona is the "character" of Miley Cyrus, and not who she actually is.


"I went from people just thinking I was, like, a baby to people thinking I'm this, like, sex freak that really just pops molly and does lines all day. It's like, 'Has anyone ever heard of rock 'n' roll?' There's a sex scene in pretty much every single movie, and they go, "Well, that's a character." Well, that's a character. I don't really dress as a teddy bear and, like, twerk on Robin Thicke, you know?" Cyrus says. "I feel like now that I did the VMAs, that just kind of became a standard for me, and then anytime I do anything else, they're like, 'Miley kept it tame tonight.'"


Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images




Source:


http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/12/miley-cyrus-to-joe-jonas-i-didnt-peer-pressure-you-to-smoke-weed.html






The News from http://strongdemi.blogspot.com